IDRS Policies, Legal Statements and Site Credits
- IDRS Complaints Brochure (PDF file)
- Website Terms and Conditions of use
- Copyright Notice
- Website credits
Terms and Conditions of use
The terms 'Intellectual Disability Rights Service Inc.' or ‘Intellectual Disability Rights Service’ or ‘IDRS’ or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Suite 2C, 199 Regent Street, Redfern, NSW 2016, Australia. The Intellectual Disability Rights Service Inc. is a registered non-profit organisation with ABN 11 216 371 524. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s)
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the State of New South Wales and Commonwealth of Australia
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Intellectual Disability Rights Service Inc. and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Intellectual Disability Rights Service Inc. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Intellectual Disability Rights Service Inc. takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
People in the images used on this site are models and actors; they are not from real life situations. The pictures are either from iStockphoto.com or from organised video and photo shootings by IDRS for educational purposes.
This website and its content is copyright of Intellectual Disability Rights Service Inc.- © Intellectual Disability Rights Service Inc. . All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our expressed written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Intellectual Disability Rights Service is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Intellectual Disability Rights Service may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 2011.
What this website uses and collect
This website uses Google Analytics. IDRS only use the data collected through Google Analytics to gain better understanding of the the usage of this website. We do not sell or use data collected via Google Analytics for commercial purposes.
We also use Google Docs (forms and speadsheet) to gather feedback from you
The use of the feedback form is voluntary and the information you provide is kept confidential and will not be used for any other purpose than what was stated during the time you complete the form.
AddThis - www.addthis.com
AddThis is a company that offer an online content sharing platform for websites.
This site uses AddThis to allow visitors to share or post content of this website onto their social networking accounts.
You can read the privacy police of AddThis at www.addthis.com/privacy
JotForm - www.jotform.com
We use jotform.com for form services. This includes registering for our training etc. and to allow an easy online forms to our volunteers to send reports about supporting people with intellectual disability, or legal advice provided to people with intellectual disability.
MailChimp - http://mailchimp.com
We use mailchimp.com to manage newsletter mailing list signups and to send newsletters by email.
Youtube - www.youtube.com
We use Youtube to allow visitors to watch our videos on this site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can find out more about Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/
Overall, Google Analytics help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Google Analytics in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
AddThis - www.addthis.com
You can find out more about AddThis features at www.addthis.com/social-plugins
This site uses AddThis to allow visitors to share or post content of this website onto their social networking accounts. This is done voluntarily by visitors to this website by clicking on the AddThis buttons near the main menu of each page.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Personal information given to IDRS
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The following companies, websites, and services are used by IDRS
- Cornerstone Technologies
Cornerstone Technologies provided the initial design and concept of the this website.
This included the initial CSS with menu structure and design, colours and layout; example HTML with design and layout concepts; and provided expert guidance with selecting technologies, layout and site structure.
This wesite resides on webservers of GoHosting Pty Ltd.
This website uses a variety of Google® services and products to improve visitor experience and performance of this site.
This website uses AddThis® platform to allow visitors to post / share / email and disseminate content of this website on the social networking sites
This website uses Scribd® platform to provide visitors with an easy to use interface to access and read documents in PDF file format.
IDRS uses YouTube® to broadcast IDRS videos through this website
IDRS uses images available from the iStockphoto® website
- Twitter© (@IDRS_NSW)
IDRS uses Twitter© social networking platform to broadcast interesting and relevant pieces of information to ur followers.
IDRS has also used a variety of other free online resources, open source and commercial software to develop this website. Please contact IDRS if you think a link to your website or details about your services should be included on this page.